In today’s manufacturing environment it is harder than ever to maintain your competitive position, and keep the right parts in stock that support your production floor. Partnering with your suppliers to manage your inventory and forecast your future requirements are the cornerstones of Just-In-Time (JIT) production planning and inventory management. If JIT is not integral to your supply chain strategy you are likely leaving money on the table.
5 JIT Planning Questions You Should Consider
- Do you have the capacity to stock your machined parts?
- Do you have a manufacturing partner who can help you manage your inventory?
- Do you have production reporting tools that include sales projections and corresponding manufacturing forecasts?
- Are you able to release high-volume blanket orders to capitalize on optimal pricing and support a same day shipping strategy?
- Do you know the “shelf life” of your parts so you can prevent investments in producing parts that are at risk of becoming obsolete?
Benefits of JIT at Cass
- High Bay Storage – To support your needs we have invested in a 26,000 square foot high-bay expansion of our Brooklyn Center, Minnesota campus.
- Production Planning and Forecasting – We start JIT production planning with each client based on their manufacturing forecast and back order history. In some cases, these forecasts are established for an entire year.
- Extend your Supply Chain – Cass can work with you to optimize the pricing and size of your larger parts orders to extend your supply chain so we can ship them as you need them.
- Managing Lead Times – We make sure to coordinate our production lead times with changes in your parts inventory balances. Cass fine tunes these calculations to both minimize disruption and to improve our responsiveness and flexibility for our clients.
- Customized Solutions – We work with our clients based on their individual needs; we flex to the frequency of forecasting updates that your business demands.
- Optimize your Assembly Uptime and Production Flow – Cass’ JIT program is designed to look at the big picture, and together we will make decisions for stocking parts both here at Cass and your location.
Maximize your inventory ROI and keep your lead times short by working with Cass Precision Machining. We’re proud of the continuous teamwork shown by every department here at Cass – it’s what allows us to provide exceptional JIT service to our clients – first time and every time.
Tell us what you need, and we’ll make it work!
- Top 5 Questions to Ask When Considering Prototype Machining - November 9, 2020
- Cass Hires Director of New Business Development - September 11, 2020
- How a Just-In-Time (JIT) Inventory Management Strategy Can Help Reduce Costs - June 25, 2019