LET US ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
Consistent. Reliable. Trusted. You should be able to apply those three words to your machining partner and they’re at the heart of why you should work with Cass. Since 1945 Cass Precision Machining has consistently been recognized as leaders in on-time, as-promised deliveries of high-quality precision machined parts and reliable, worry-free customer service. We take pride in providing you machined parts that are unrivaled in build quality, from fast prototyping to high-volume production; and meeting every deadline. Work with Cass and you’ll get a partnership founded on trust and accountability.
Cass Precision Machining has customers that have been with us for over a half century. These relationships are earned every day and are testimony as to why Cass is the best choice to be your machine parts supplier.
• Screw machines are automated lathes, typically equipped with multiple spindles that allows multiple tools to cut multiple pieces of material simultaneously. Like a Gatling gun, the multiple spindles are carried in a precision-machined drum that rotates in a horizontal orientation. Our six- and eight-spindle New Britain automatic screw machines allow us to ﬁll large orders with diameters up to 3.5 inches, while our single-spindle Brown & Sharpe automatics typically handle smaller orders.
• A Swiss machine mounts the workpiece on a rotary slide. CNC Swiss machines typically make more complex parts, completing both turning and milling operations within the same machine. Our newest Swiss machines are equipped to provide tooling and can handle your most complex and high-volume machined parts with ease. These multi-axis, auto-loading machines have industry-leading capability.
• Milling machines are very versatile. They are usually used to machine flat surfaces, but can also produce irregular surfaces. Milling machines can drill, bore, cut gears, produce slots and more. Our milling centers are typically used for secondary operations (milling, drilling, tapping), or to produce more complex non-diametrical parts.
• Grinding machines are used to achieve high surface quality and high accuracy of shape and dimension. In most applications it tends to be a finishing operation.
Depending on the complexity of the product, our sales engineers will recommend the machine that gives you the best part at the best price.
We take pride in the upkeep of our buildings and of our machines at Cass Precision Machining. We welcome you to visit our facility and audit our production, testing, and quality control systems. Any time you visit us at Cass, you will find a state-of-the-art campus that is clean and organized.
Cass has a proven quality system based on the year over year best-in-quality awards we win from our customers. We can add to our baseline quality control systems to meet your additional requirements, seamlessly incorporating quality tools such as SPC, PPAPs, Cpk, 1st Articles, etc. We’ll work together with you to define and deploy a quality control system for your orders that provides a specific solution for your business needs.
• A fully dimensioned print, drawing, sketch (preferably in a PDF format) and/or CAD file
• The raw material(s) specified
• Any necessary secondary operations, including heat treating, plating or finishing specifications
• Any customer specifications that may apply; such as 1st Article Inspection, PPAP requirements, material and outside process certificates required
• The quantities you want us to quote
• Any other background information that would be helpful, including target pricing or required lead-times